Sunday 11 May 2008

Sunday Salon - my weeks reading

I've had such a poor week reading this week. I normally get through 2 or 3 books a week, this week I haven't even managed 1! I started The Echo Maker by Richard Powers 10 days ago?(!) and I still have another 100 pages to go. I think its been a mixture of the gorgeous weather Old Blighty is having at the mo and too much time spent on the net. Also I thought this book was going to be amazing and its kind of good but nothing to rave about. I'm going to try and finish it this evening and move on.

Next week I hope to read Persian Brides, The Shadow of the North by Phillip Pullman and get started on I Am Charlotte Simmons by Tom Wolfe. And also not sign up to any more challenges. Not sure how successful I'll be as I have 200 exam papers to mark!

2 comments:

raidergirl3 said...

The Echo Maker was hard to slog through. I liked it OK, but it was pretty dry in parts, like the cranes, and I just could never really get into it.

gautami tripathy said...

Can you believe it, I started The Blind Assassin in January and have not read beyond page 127?

Kind of plodding through that tome!