Sunday 18 May 2008

The Sunday Salon: Other things just get in the way...


I'm going through a particually bad reading spell at the moment not managing to read anywhere near as much as usual because my life keeps getting in the way! This week it was exam marking week, 200 10 page booklets -I'm nearly finished but it has eaten up so much of my free time. I planned on finishing 3 books this week and moveing onto a fourth. I managed to finish two: The Echo Maker and Persian Brides, and I have about 40 pages left of The Shadow in the North.

Next week doesn't look like I'm going to get much reading done either as I'm out 3 evenings in a row and I still have 50 creative writing exams to mark.... only a week left at school and its the holidays so I'll have to catch up then.

This week I'm attempting:
Charlotte Simmons -Woolfe
A Walk in the Woods - Bryson

4 comments:

Andi said...

Would love to hear your thoughts on The Echo Maker as it's currently languishing on my shelves. Good luck with your marking!

samantha.1020 said...

I hate when life gets in the way of reading but that is the way it is sometimes...yuck!

Megan said...

I have had a hard time finding time to read myself, but you are making much better progress than me. MY children had another extended stay with me. Now I am very tired. I finished one book today and cannot for the life of me decide what to read next.

katrina said...

I usually have a pile of Bookcrossing books I have to read next plus a list for all the challenges I sign myself up for!