Thursday 8 May 2008

Booking Through Thursday: Manual Labour




Writing guides, grammar books, punctuation how-tos . .
.
do you read them? Not read them? How many writing books, grammar books,
dictionaries–if any–do you have in your library?

I have a few different grammar and punctuation books as I'm an English teacher and I use them to check things I'm uncertain of, or when I need activities or examples. The only one I have read is 'Eat Shoots and Leaves'.


One massive dictionary and a huge thesaraus again used for school and when I was at uni. I'm always completely shocked at the amount of kids I teach that can't use a dictionary - they know how it works but takes forever, far too used to spell check!

1 comment:

Lynda said...

like you, as a former English teacher i have a few grammar books which I refered to when teaching. ;0)