Saturday 24 May 2008

My Thoughts: The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho



This is the second novel I have read by Paulo Coelho and I have loved them both, its a shame I didn't discoved his works earlier in life!

'The Alchemist' is a short novel about the journey of a young shepherd to follow his dream to discover treasure in the Eygptian desert. The novel covers his journey from Spain across Africa and the Sahara. As with The Devil and Miss Prym the novel includes lots of philisophical thoughts and arguments, a belief in the self and some great descriptions.

I particuarly loved the boy's spirit, and the way he was free to follow his dream.

For a different opinion see here.


If you have read this book feel free to comment or leave a link to your own review.

2 comments:

trish said...

I can't wait to read this book. It's high on my TBR pile, but it'll still have to wait till after the wedding. :-)

John Mutford said...

I started off enjoying this one, but then it fell flat for me. Glad it didn't lose its charm for you though. My review is here. I hope you don't mind that I also link to yours.