Monday 9 June 2008

Weekly Geeks: A Reading Journal in Pictures





Monday




Weekly Geeks this week is dedicated to photos, now I hate having my picture taken so I was wondering how I was going to get around this so I decided on a picture journal of this weeks reading.

First up is this striking image from the slums of Bombay, its hard to remember that people still live like this, that for some people the reality of their day is waking up to this scene and not being able to escape from this to the dazzling city in the distance.
This picture is part of a 'journey' taken when reading the poem 'Blessing' by Imtiaz Dharker to the pupils in my class. The blessing in the poem is a split water main, a day in which they aren't thirsty, they get the water they have been praying for.
Click on the pics to see them up close.
Other WeeklyGeeks pics:
See Chris' collection of books
And Nymeth's cute cat pics

2 comments:

Ana S. said...

I really like your approach. And you're right, sometimes it's too easy to forgot that millions and millions of people still live in those conditions.

tanabata said...

I like your idea of a photo journal showing where your reading is taking you. I hate having my picture taken too. :)