Sunday 29 June 2008

The Sunday Salon


I've just spent the last hour ish looking at the read-a-thon blog looks like everyone is doing great and there was me whinging this morning that my housr rabbit had woken me up after just 6 hours of sleep!


This week I managed to finish 2 books which I really enjoyed, The Space Between Us and Elizabeth Costello. I'm still reading Gone With the Wind, and I started this week The Red Queen, a book of short stories by Joyce Carol Oates, The Tent by Margaret Atwwod and a kids book called A Dog So Small which I should finish later. I have a friend over for lunch today but should have plenty of reading time, I definately want to dedicate at least an hour to GWtW later so I can make decent headway with it. Not sure how my reading is going to go this week as things seem fairly busy at school.


For Weekly Geeks this week we had to update on the challenges we are participating in, I did making me realise how man books I have to read this year and then joined two new challenges! The July Book Blowout and Joy's Young Adult Challenge.

2 comments:

The Kool-Aid Mom said...

Sounds like you're going to be busy with all those books! I didn't participate in the readathon because I didn't know about it until a week or so ago. Had I plan to, I would have ended up having to scrap it because my hoped-for week alone crapped out with the return of my middle daughter early. *sigh* Maybe next year.

Miss Kim said...

Wow... lots of reading accomplished in your house this week! Great choices, especially GWTW!