Tuesday 14 July 2009

Summer reading


Over the last few weeks I've been daydreaming about all the freetime I will have in the next few weeks and how I'm going to enjoy using it to attack mount tbr. I have 6 and a half weeks off, I'm getting paid to do some extra school work and doing a bit of tutoring but generally I'll be pottering around, 2 of my best friends are travelling so I'll have way too much time on my hands.

So, in the book geekiness that is common to many book bloggers (i hope), I have been making a pool of books at the foot of my stairs, and I thought I'd share it with you.

To finish:
The Piano
Dr. Johnson and the Extraordinary Story of the Book that Defined the World
, Hitchings
A Long Way Down, Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman

The Pile:
Bitter Fruit, Achmat Dangor
Out of Africa, Karen Blixen
My Name is Red, Orhan Pamuk
A History of the World in 10 1/2 Chapters, Barnes
First They Killed my Father, Loung Ung
The Radetzky March, Joseph Roth
The Emigrants, WG Sebald
Koroko, Soseki
We, Zamiatin
Z for Zachariah
The White Tiger, Aravind Adiga
The 19th Wife, David Ebershoff
Whole of a Morning Sky, Nichols
The Caliban Shore, Stephen Taylor
Love, Toni Morrison
Cry, The Beloved Country
A Town Like Alice, Nevil Shute
The Sound and the Fury, William Faulkner
Nation, Terry Pratchett
Lost in a Good Book, Jasper Fforde
A Year in Green Tea and TukTuks
Magic Seeds, V.S Naipaul
A Few Short Notes on Tropical Butterflies, John Murray
Tuk Tuk to the Road
The Swarm
, Frank Schatzing
Water Music, TC Boyle
Assassins Apprentice, Robin Hobb
Sardines and Oranges: Stories from North Africa
Fear and Trembling, Amelie Nothomb
Mudbound, Hillary Jorday
The Secret Life of Words, Henry Hitchings

As I said this is a pool rather than a list, I'd be happy if I read two-thirds of the pile.
The house rabbit, Alba only managed to nibble the side of a bookmark - she's looking pretty grumpy now temtation has been move to a safe place

1 comment:

serendipity_viv said...

Looks like you are going to be very busy. I see your rabbit will be helping you choose which one ot read first.