Thursday 16 July 2009

My Thoughts: Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson


I finished listening to this audiobook late last night, the book is read by Mandy Siegfried who has the most fantstic voice I could listen to her reading the back of a cereal packet.
Speak is a YA novel, the main character is struggling in her new school as her old friends have all abandoned her. It is rumoured that she called the cops to a teenage party, noone knows the real reason she picked up the phone and dial 911.
At the new school she is largely abandoned, her grades fall and she starts playing traunt. She also falls out with her parents as they cannot understand the change that has come over their daughter.
Read it! Or better yet listen to it.

Challenges:
YA 2009

4 comments:

serendipity_viv said...

I recently bought this book and I am looking forward to reading it.

Anonymous said...

I read this not too long ago and loved it. I just read Catalyst as well which is set in the same school but isn't really a follow up. I will check out the audio version as I haven't listened to many audio books yet and this is a book I could come back to many times.

Unknown said...

I recently acquired this book after hearing so many good things about it from other book bloggers.

I'm going to have to nudge it up the TBR pile!

katrina said...

I'm looking forward to reading her other stuff, I made the school librarian buy a copy yesterday! He loves me ;)