Sunday 10 April 2011

Finishing the Read-a-thon


Hour: Finished
Time Reading: 13 hours 50 minutes
Books Read: House of the Sleeping Beauties, Rituals by Cees Nooteboom, The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, Toast
Books currently reading: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (audio), The Court of the Air,
Currently Feeling: Time to get dressed, and perhaps read some more.


1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Hour 10, when I gave in to my headache and went to bed - should really go to the opticians and get some new glasses!

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
This year I didn't end up reading my usual mix of YA which I don't think helped. I didn't read any books I would rate above 3 stars.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Not really. I didn't get as many comments as normal, I'm not sure if this was because of the way the cheerleading was organised or because the people I normally follow weren't participating this time.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
The up-dates were good as usual. All in all I think it worked really well.

5. How many books did you read?
4 (listed above) plus part of an audio book and half of a book.


6. What were the names of the books you read?
See above

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Toast by Nigel Slater (a British Chef)

8. Which did you enjoy least?
Rituals by Cees Nooteboom

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I didn't try to get to everybody in my section just went every 5th person. I think personal messages work best so I liked being able to read people's posts rather than trying to greet everyone with the same message.

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I've been a cheerleader the last few times and think maybe next time I will just be a reader. I still go and visit people's posts throughout the whole thing and that way I could spend more time reading. Also I noticed some people onle have one post for the whole 24 hours which I think I may try next time.

Thanks to the hosts and those that came and visited. Until next time!

2 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

Congrats for finishing the 24 Hour Read-a-thoon! You did really good!! I think I am out of my reading slump. Let's see!!!

Here is my last update!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on finishing the readathon. I agree that reading people's posts before commenting is important. I didn't get very many comments either, but those I got were most appreciated. I found it hard to read blogs that only had one post for the 24 hours because I was keeping up to date using google reader and it didn't tell me that they'd updated their post.