Saturday 20 June 2009

Orbis Terrarum 2009: Short Story Mini Challenge: Prague


I'm continuing my armchair travels and have moved on to the next country on my way Prague.
An Odd Story by Karel Tichy can be found here at the wonderful Words Without Borders.
This story focuses on the transformation of families due to the persecution of the Jewish in the Old Czech Republic.
Karl is brought up in his fathers shop, successful but with a wealth that is hidden and never spoken of. His German nanny and housekeeper secretly Christians him. When the war strikes his parents are forced onto trains destined for the concentration camps, but Karl stays, changing his name, to live with his German nanny.

Where else have I been:
France
Germany
Poland


visited 4 states (1.77%)
Create your own visited map of The World or jurisdische veraling duits?

Want to join me in this mini challenge? Look here

No comments: