Saturday 25 April 2009

Library Loot

This week my library did the awful(awful because I can't resist cheap books) thing and held a book sale. I wasn't to bad and only walked out with 5 books.
Ernst by Ian Turpin a book about the artist Max Ernst brought for the gorgeous pictures and the non-fiction 5 challenge.
The Briar King by Greg Keyes looked like a good fantasy novel and at just 10p I couldn't say no.
An Iliad: A Story of Was by Alessandro Baricco I loved Silk by this author so thought I'd give this a try.
The White Darkness by Geraldine McCaughrean another YA read.
The Favourite Game by Leonard Cohen just liked the look of the cover.

I also picked up my holds:
The Complete Polysylabic Spree by Nick Hornby as everyone seems to be reading these books I wanted to see what the fuss was about.
Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett for The Dream King Challenge
Dibs: In Search of Self by Virginia m. Axline a pschology text about a young boy who was 'emotionally lost' but was 'saved', using for the In Their Shoes Challenge my last read for this challenge.
Marked by P.C Cast and Kristin Cast for the YA challenge


Now I just have to make myself read, I've been in a real reading funk this week. Visit Library Loot here

2 comments:

serendipity_viv said...

Libraries can be bad places can't they.LOL. I just can't resist a sale either.

Carl V. Anderson said...

I really hope you enjoy The Polysyllabic Spree. It is funny how the books have been burning up the blog world lately. I enjoyed them so much.

And Good Omens is so laugh-out-loud funny at times. Another one I hope you enjoy.