Saturday 11 October 2008

The Sunday Salon: Short Story Sunday



I've had a busy week, but managed to read all of The Hours, and I'm halfway through The End of Mr Y, which I'm really enjoying and planning to spend a few hours on later once I've got all my jobs done. And England is bathed in gorgeous sunshine at the mo, so I'm off for a wander around town and into the library to make sure I enjoy it before it disappears again.


My first short story for 100 Shots of Short.


Gold Boy, Emerald Girl By Yiyun Li (can be found online here).


A very melancholy tale set in the busy Beijing but with that air of tranquility that you often fing in Chinese stories. He has been brought up along by his mother, and she alone by her father. Despite countless attempts to get them married, both had remained single. When he arrives back from the freedom of America his mother is quick to try and set up a meeting between him and one of her prized students.




Anyone know any good online stories to recommend? I'm going to try and do Short Story Sunday everyweek from an online story.

No comments: