Saturday 18 October 2008

My Thoughts: The Wooden Sea by Jonathan Carrol


I'm not quite sure how I'm going to make this description of this book make sense, but here goes.


Frannie finds a sick dog, who promptly dies and he buries it, finding in the ground a bone and a multicoloured feather. The problem is the dog and the feather won't stay buried and they keep reappearing all over the place, as solid items, tatoos, pictures etc. Along with these items haunting his days Frannie is visited by, and visits hisself at various stages of his life. He needs all the Frannies he has even been and ever will be to help him save the world and those around him.

Sounds confusing right? But somehow when you read it, it is simple, clean and polished. I loved this book, and definately need to be reading more of his work in the future.
Challenges: Fall into Reading.
Have you read this? Leave a link to your review here and I'll pop in a link.

No comments: