Friday 2 January 2009

Challenge Addict Alert

I wish people would stop creatig irresistable challenges. The Dream King Challenge is all about my 2008 discovery, Neil Gaiman.

The Rules (Copy and Pasted)
The Dream King Challenge will run from 1 January 2009 - 31 December 2009. You can join at any time during the year.This is a partial list of Neil's works that I've compiled. Use it to help you choose your level of participation.
There are four different levels:
Neophyte: Read one work and watch one movie
Acolyte: Read three works (from three different categories) and watch one movie
Devotee: Read six works (from six different categories) and watch one movie
Zealot: Read twelve works (from at least six different categories) and watch one movie

There will also be mini-challenges (with prizes!) and other fun activities during the year. Re-reads are okay - I'm sure a lot of us have already read a few of Neil's books before. This challenge can (and will!) overlap with other challenges. I would suggest J. Kaye's Young Adult Reading Challenge and Laza's Graphic Novel Challenge. If you'd like to join, leave a comment below or send an email to xjessideex [at] gmail [dot] com. I'll send you an invitation to post on the blog.

I'm going for Devotee, he is on many lists already. This is what I am hoping read:
Comics/Graphic Novels:
Stardust or Sandman: Preludes and Nocturnals

Movies:
Beowulf

Novels:
American Gods (I am half way through already)
Anansi Boys

Short Stories:
Smoke and Mirrors

Young Adult:
The Day I swapped Dad for Two Goldfish

Others:
Probably Now We Are Sick ( A poetry collection)

And I'll have to find an Audiobook as my last one.

4 comments:

Eva said...

Yay for Neil Gaiman! I love the audiobook of Anansi Boys, even though it isn't read by him. It's seriously incredible.

Marg said...

There are sooo many irresistible challenges out there!

jessi said...

Glad to have you along! If you'll send me an e-mail (xjessideex [at] gmail [dot] com), I'll send you an invite to post on the blog. Thanks for joining! :)

yellojkt said...

I've already read a lot of Gaiman. At least four books and two movies. Oddly, its the graphic novels I haven't done much of.